Manoir de Gourin
Loire Valley holiday Cottages
Self catering gites in the loire valley France
“I would not hesitate to recommend Manoir de Gourin for 100% relaxation, peace, quiet, beautiful scenery and surrounding villages and great hospitality!”
Manoir de Gourin is an elegant French Maison de Maitre. A large Gentleman’s residence, a grande maison, built in the early 1800s. The beautiful Manor house has recently been fully restored. The formal dining room provides a cosy, intimate backdrop for guests to enjoy our wine tasting dinners during their stay.
For our less formal dinners we may use the delightful terrace of the house or our recently renovated wine tasting room overlooking the pool terrace. The wine tasting room was a former winemaker’s cellar or ‘chai’ and is now a cool, chic venue where Simon conducts his wine tasting talks and presentations.
Manoir de Gourin sits in large and mature grounds, fully enclosed and secure. Enter via automatic remote controlled gates. Manoir de Gourin is set in the heart of unspoilt, glorious countryside in the hamlet of L’Humeau de Bray, 15 miles south of Saumur in the Loire valley.
Our gite guests enter through the main gates of Manoir de Gourin into the formal front garden where Anjou Cottage, Montlouis Cottage and Layon cottage are located. The attached cottages are set within a delightful courtyard which is sheltered and sunny. The courtyard is adorned with seats, pots of flowers and herbs for our guests to use and enjoy.
Our new Studio Apartment will be ready for guests from 11 June. Please read Karin’s blog for more information on the Studio and for regular updates
Our guests also have use of the large rear garden. Here there are lovely views over the glorious French countryside. The historically important Collegialle church of Puy Notre Dame sits proud on the horizon. The garden is lawned and has eating areas and tranquil sitting areas to read or chat. Have a barbeque or a drink, alone or in the company of other guests. For our more energetic guests we can offer our bicycles, badminton or boules.
Cars are parked in a secure parking area within the grounds of Manoir de Gourin.
A few of our 5 star guests comments on tripadvisor:
- “The grounds are wonderfully kept and there is plenty of space in the garden and by the pool which is also very clean.”
- “We have also joined fellow guests for evening meals in Le Manoir which have been good fun and cooked extremely well by Karin. A great way to meet the other guests.”
- “The hosts provide a warm welcome and arrange evenings for you to dine with fellow guests if you so wish with great home cooking and local wine.”
- “The surrounding area was very peaceful and rural dotted by vineyards and farms. However there was really easy access to the local markets and chateaux and it provided a perfect base to explore this part of the Loire valley.”
- “In the moments between eating cheese, the handy fob for the electronic gates to the driveway meant we were able to whizz in and out with no problems. We also found the grounds and pool to be perfect for just lounging and relaxing when we felt like lazing.
- “We had a most enjoyable evening in the fabulously elegant dining room of the Manoir, with the other guests, and feasted on a superb 4 course meal cooked by Karin and equally superb wines to match.”