Loire Valley cottages Gites Holiday accommodation with heated pool in the Loire valley
Wine tours in the loire valley France
"Last but not least is the wonderful hospitality from owners Karin and Simon, who take great pride and care in the upkeep of this property and hosting guests."
Read more of our 5 star guest reviews below and on Tripadvisor:
During the summer season we, Simon and Karin Grainger live in the old Manor house. near Saumur, pursuing our passion for the French way of life. Here at Manoir de Gourin we live the 'Good life', country living at its best. We enjoy being outdoors and grow our own fruits and vegetables in our potager which we use in the meals we produce for guests to enjoy. We delight in meeting cottage guests and sharing our table with them at our weekly dinners.
We have fun spending time with local wine makers and take delight in following the processess of their wine making – 'from vine to wine' and, of course we take pleasure in drinking the quality wines from this region too!
Simon's knowledge of and passion for the local wines and the small, family run independent wine-makers is obvious from his blog www.gfwineblog.co.uk and from our guests comments. Simon is at his best when talking about wine, taking our guests into the vineyards and meeting the winemakers. It's no surprise that Simon's passion has now become his 'job' as a wine merchant, importing into and selling wines in the UK.
Karin enjoys greeting our guests and helping them get the most out of their holiday, She prepares detailed information packs about the area, the must do sights, best restaurants etc. and practical information with directions and maps. shop opening times and weekly weather forecasts to plan your week. Karin enjoys cooking and experimenting with flavour combinations with our garden herbs. Karin ensures Simon is up bright and early to collect our guests croissants in time for breakfast!
Maybe we are summed up best by some of our guests comments on tripadvisor:
- "What can one say? Simon and Karin were the best of hosts and they were always available if you wanted any help."
- "Karin and Simon are delightful, attentive hosts with a wealth of local knowledge and are always on hand if they're needed."
- "An extra joy is the that the owners are kind and friendly hosts."
- "Karin & Simon the owners were excellent in that they had lots of local knowledge and were there if needed."
- "Information booklet provided. So useful if you don't have great knowledge of the area. Thoughtful, attentive hosts without being intrusive."
- "The hosts provide a warm welcome and arrange evenings for you to dine with fellow guests if you so wish with great home cooking and local wine."
- "A nice touch was the delivery of fresh bread and croissants to your door each morning."
- "Our hosts, Karin and Simon, were very helpful but also very relaxed. No doubt we will be back."
- "We had fresh bread and croissants delivered to us every morning which was a great luxury"