Loire Wine Tours Loire Valley Wine tours & Tastings in the Loire valley Saumur France
Simon's Loire wine tours self catering accommodation heated pool in the Loire valley
Loire Wine Tours "We have done a half day wine tasting with Simon and his enthusiasm for the wines of the region is infectious. He has built very good relationships with local wine producers which is obvious on the visits to the wineries."
Simon's Loire Wine tours are designed to be informative as well as fun! During your stay in one of our self catering cottages why not take advantage of Simon's expertise? Join Simon on one of his weekly one day wine tours or half day wine tours to discover Loire valley wines and to taste the lovely Saumur or Anjou wines of this region.
Simon's knowledge of loire valley wines and wine making processes is extensive. It's his passion and his business as a UK wine merchant. He specialises in local wine tours, taking guests to visit the small, family run, independent vignerons. The winemakers are personally known to him, speak English and make quality wine with the minimum of chemical interference.
Did you know that many Loire valley reds are best served chilled and go well with fish?
On Simon's Loire wine tours you will learn about the 'cepages' – grape varieties, the 'terroir' – soil,& climate and the methods of wine making. Learn enough to select the right bottle of Saumur or Anjou wine to pair with your food. Buy wine at cellar door prices.
We offer our Loire wine tours to our self catering accommodation guests at special discounted rates. The rates are provided on enquiry / Booking.
View our Loire wine tours gallery to see our guests at play!
Read what some of our guests have to say on tripadvisor:
- "Don't miss the opportunity to book a half or full-day wine tour with Simon (really interesting – we learned a lot) or to sample one of the evening meals shared with other guests – fabulous!"
- "Take advantage of the great wine tours offered by Simon."
- "Would reccomnend the wine tour organised by the owners and definitely the suppers in the house!"
- "We also thoroughly enjoyed the half day wine tour. Simon is a real expert on the subject and this was so interesting."
- "We spent an evening with our hosts for a dinner and wine tasting, which was absolutely amazing".
- "Wonderful hospitality from the owners – their wine tours and home cooked dinners are highly recommended."