Loire Valley Gites Holiday cottages Loire valley self catering with pool
Gites in Loire valley Saumur France and Loire Wine Tours
Loire Valley Gites: “A great location for setting out to explore the many chateau, villages and extensive walks with a beautiful welcoming pool to laze around on your return.”
Read more 5 star reviews below and on tripadvisor
Stay in one of our stylish loire valley gites (or cottages) near Saumur, relax by the heated pool and enjoy the extensive gardens of Manoir de Gourin. Visit the chateaux of the Loire and enjoy a Loire wine tour. Walk the trails around the cottage or cycle along the quiet roads. Start your day with freshly baked baguettes or croissants delivered daily and in time for breakfast too!
Join Simon on a vineyard visit. Meet the winemaker and discover some good quality loire valley wines. Enjoy one of Karin’s lively dinners with fellow Loire valley gites guests in the Manor house.
Manoir de Gourin’s Loire valley gites is a holiday destination just south of Saumur. The manor house is nestled amidst the vineyards and crops of the Loire Valley France, in the village of St Macaire du Bois. Within the lovely walled grounds of the old manor house we have 4 beautiful one-bedroom holiday cottages.
NEW FOR 2016 we introduce –
The Studio, a first floor studio apartment with shower room and balcony. Available for short stays of 3 nights or more or weekly.
All our accommodation at Manoir de Gourin are for 2 adults and share a heated swimming pool and charming gardens.
The glorious French countryside around Manoir de Gourin is fantastic for walking, cycling and birdwatching. Borrow our bicycles for leisurely rides around the locality or designated trails. Bring your own bikes for more serious riding. We are within the National park and it’s a bird watcher’s paradise. 38 different types of birds were spotted in our grounds during one week last summer by one of our Loire Valley gites guests.
The historical sights of the Loire valley are here in this UNESCO world heritage site. The Chateaux, the Abbeys and Churches, the gardens, the wonderful zoo at Doue la Fontaine and breathtaking scenery make this a wonderful region to visit.
We have some great restaurants, creperies and bistros near to Manoir de Gourin’s loire valley gites. Our holiday cottages are perfectly placed to offer you a wonderful self catering holiday in the Loire valley France.
You can find us on Owners Direct apartment rentals
Here’s what our Loire valley gites guests are saying:
- “Karin and Simon were the perfect hosts – in fact it was the little extra’s that we will remember most : a survival pack on our arrival as it was Bastille day and we weren’t sure if anything would be open, the wine tour with Simon to meet the passionate and innovative local wine maker Pierre, Simons sensational BBQ for two Aussies, the free use of bikes and some lovely company over the week.”
- “Manoir de Gourin is situated in a peaceful, quiet, idyllic spot and we enjoyed going for walks in the evening after dinner, around the country roads and surrounding farmland with lovely views over the stretching fields and setting sun.”
- “It was great to pre-order our breads and pastries for the week, hang the bag out the night before, and find it there delivered at 8am the next morning on our doorstep!”
- “Booking self-catering, especially at the last minute, can be risky as we know. However, as soon as we arrived at Le Manoir from Nantes airport, we knew we had hit on a winner.”
- “Beautiful place to stay. Apartment well thought out. Everything required provided. Excellent generous hosts. Great wine tour.”
- “We spent an evening with our hosts for a dinner and wine tasting, which was absolutely amazing.”
- “There are a number of great little restaurants nearby which is perfect for a leisurely lunch or an evening meal.”
- “Finally, thanks once again to our amazing hosts and their beautiful Loire Valley retreat. Unbeatable.”